Not so long ago, Samsung released the latest version of One UI based on Android 12 with its premium line of Galaxy S22. Although One UI 4.1 offers many new photo functions, still outdated Galaxy will receive only a part of these features.
The brand did not intend to roll out the whole range of new camera chips for users of old devices. After all, that wouldn’t be entirely fair to buyers of fresh flagships for a lot of money. Offering users of old phones only a part of the fascinating features, the company maintains a certain balance between segments of different costs and emphasizes the importance of premium devices.
So, according to official reports from Samsung, outdated smartphones updated to One UI 4.1 will receive only some camera features, which are fully implemented in the Galaxy S22 series. Below are the functions and, accordingly, the Samsung models that will receive them:
We constantly publish such news in Telegram. Subscribe to the channel so you don’t miss anything 😉
- Create a portrait in night mode (for the main and selfie camera): Galaxy S20/S21/Note 20 series, devices Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3, Z Fold 2, Z Flip 5G.
- Recognition of pets in the photo: Galaxy S20/S21/Note 20 series, devices Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3, S20 FE and S21 FE, Z Fold 2, Z Flip 5G.
- Create portrait video with a telephoto lens: Galaxy S21 series, as well as Z Fold 3, S21 FE.
- Integration with Snapchat: Galaxy S21 series.
- Edit lighting position in portrait mode: Galaxy S20/S21/Note 20 series, as well as Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3, S21 FE and S20 FE, Z Fold 2, Z Flip 5G devices.
- Telephoto lens, optical zoom: Galaxy S21 Ultra; Galaxy Z Fold 3, Note 20 Ultra, S20 Ultra and Z Fold 2 (planned support in the first half of 2022).
- Improved review of the director: Galaxy S21 series, Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3.
In addition, the message talks about making changes to the user experience of using the camera: for example, the Single Take mode will migrate to the “Advanced” menu and AR Doodle to the “AR Zone” menu.
At the same time, the company is not going to stop at the functions listed above and plans additional improvements.