In February, OnePlus initially began testing OxygenOS 12 on the vanilla OnePlus Nord as part of a closed beta program. Later, the phone received a more stable build thanks to the open beta program. After testing two beta versions, OnePlus has finally released a stable Update OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus Nord. The new build contains many new features and improvements. Here you can find out all about the OnePlus Nord Android 12 update.
OnePlus has officially confirmed the stable release of Android 12, and if your Nord is running in open beta, then you don’t have to wait long. Yes, according to the details, as OnePlus mentioned, “this build was first released to OBT users,” if your phone is running on the open beta, you may have already received the update. But if you have a stable version, then you will get it in a day or two.
OnePlus installs the new OxygenOS 12 firmware based on Android 12 with a firmware version of AC2001_11.F.11 with a size of 4 GB. The new update comes along with the Monthly Security Patch for April 2022. If your phone is running on OBT, then the update contains a fix for abnormal touch sounds, download animations, and the inability to launch Google’s OK. Here’s the full changelog.
IMG: OnePlus Community
OnePlus OxygenOS 12 update changelog:
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures thanks to a design inspired by completely new materials and the integration of light sources and layers.
- Fixed an issue that caused background apps to crash in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue with lens resolutions when using third-party camera apps.
- Fixed an issue where the screen wouldn’t respond when receiving notifications.
- Dark Mode
- Dark Mode now supports three adjustable levels, providing a more personalized and user-friendly experience.
- New additional style options for Maps that make data content more visual and easy to read.
- Newly added headphone control card with one-touch Bluetooth headphone adjustment
- Recently added access to OnePlus Scout on the shelf, allowing you to search through a variety of content on your phone, including apps, settings, media, and more.
- The newly added OnePlus Watch Card is on the shelf to easily view your health stats.
- Work-life balance
- Work-Life Balance is now available to all users, making it easy to switch between Work and Life modes with quick settings.
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic switching of operating/life modes based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, and provides customizable app notification profiles according to personalization.
- The gallery now lets you switch between different layouts with a two-finger gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality images and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more enjoyable.
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD offers you a new variety of line and colour styles for a more personalized lock screen with inspiring visuals.
- Recently added several brushes and strokes, as well as support for colour adjustment.
- Optimized software algorithm and improved facial recognition to better determine the facial features and skin colour of different shapes.
- [Added] HyperBoost Pass-through Frame Rate Regulator.
- [Added] Preview of the voice effect so you can record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time.
Not only that, but OnePlus also mentions a list of issues available in this build, be sure to check them out before installing the update on your smartphone.
OnePlus OxygenOS 12 Update – Known Issues
- The display of some pages in the settings will be different from the system.
- The screen will be buggy in certain scenarios when you call.
- The camera may freeze when taking photos in portrait mode.
- Abnormal display of thumbnails during burst shooting.
- Abnormal display of a quick device connection in guest mode.
If you have a OnePlus Nord and want to try the features of OxygenOS 12, you can upgrade your smartphone to a new build. The build is not completely stable as you have seen known issues. If you’re okay with these issues, you can go to Settings > Software Update and then update your phone to a newer version. If the update is not available, you can wait a few days, it is installed in stages.
You can also update your phone immediately using the local update method if it’s not available on the System Update page. All you have to do is download the OTA ZIP file using the Oxygen Updater app or other trusted source and install it manually by selecting “Local Update” in the “System Update” settings.
You can go to the OnePlus community forum for more information. OnePlus also shared a rollback package. If you want to go back to the previous release, you can check it out on the company’s community forum.
If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in the comments section. Also, share this article with your friends.